Water filters are not just a luxury anymore; they are a must-have. There are many studies reporting the dangers of drinking tap water so you really have no excuse for not using a water filter.
Even a mediocre water filter is better than no water filter at all but to get the most bang for your buck, you should consider using an under counter water filter with carbon block or granular filtration. Here are 5 big reasons why you should consider an under the counter filter.
1. With carbon under counter water filters, fresh, clean water will come out of your faucet hassle-free. There is no need to pour water in a pitcher or wait for a distiller or reverse osmosis system to produce water slowly. Carbon under sink filters produce up to 30 gallons of clean water per hour.
2. An under counter water filter stays out of sight. Countertop filters get in the way and make your kitchen look cluttered. On the other hand, under counter filters deliver all the benefits but stay out of sight and out of mind.
3. Under counter water filters protect you from the harmful contaminants in tap water. Remember to buy a carbon water filter. They are the most effective reverse osmosis water filter under counter at removing harmful contaminants, both organic and synthetic.
Don't be fooled into believing that boiling tap water gets rid of the harsh contaminants it contains. You need to use a carbon filter in order to remove all of the toxins in tap water. Chemicals commonly found in tap water like chlorine and VOCs can cause different types of cancer and respiratory illness.
4. An under counter water filter is cost effective. Carbon filters are the most affordable type of filter out there. At less than ten cents per gallon, you can have fresh, clean water for cooking, drinking, and washing your dishes.
Distillers and reverse osmosis systems can cost up to 26 cents per gallon and we all know that bottled water is notoriously expensive. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that bottled water is any safer than tap water. After all, around 25% of bottled water is sourced from tap water.
5. Under counter water filters prevent you from being exposed to the contaminants in tap water through breathing and drinking.
With an under counter filter, you will use only clean water to wash your dishes, which means no harmful steam from the chemicals in warm tap water will be released into the air. Furthermore, you will only cook with clean water and of course you will always have clean, filtered water to drink.
Do yourself a favor and consider investing in a carbon under counter water filter for your home. Carbon under counter filters are an affordable and effective way to have access to clean water for drinking, cooking, and cleaning. Keep your family safe and healthy with a filter that stays out of sight yet delivers unmatched results.